A large percentage of motorcycle accidents occur when a negligent automobile driver turns left at an intersection causing the oncoming motorcyclist to crash head on. This can cause significant injuries including multiple fractures, amputations, traumatic brain injuries and even spinal cord injuries. Recovery can take many months with significant lost earnings and mounting medical bills.
Our San Diego motorcycle crash lawyers represent injured motorcyclists who have sustained serious injuries, including:
- Broken legs, arms, and other bones requiring surgical fixation
- Amputation of a foot, leg or arm
- Multiple fractures requiring long recovery periods
- Traumatic brain injuries arising from blunt trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
We also represent surviving family members of those killed in motorcycle accidents
What Damages are Available in Motorcycle Accident Cases
Once we obtain the evidence needed to prove to the other driver’s insurance carrier (or jury) that the defendant was negligent and that the negligence was a “substantial factor” in causing harm, the question then becomes what amount of money will adequately compensate the plaintiff for the harm?
Under California law the harm consists of both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost earnings, lost earning capacity
- Loss of one’s ability to provide household services
- Lost profits, damages to property and loss of use of property CACI 3903A-N
Non-economic damages include:
- Past and future physical pain, mental suffering
- Loss of enjoyment or life
- Disfigurement, physical impairment
- Inconvenience, grief, anxiety, humiliation and emotional distress. CACI 3905A
CONTACT A TOP-RATED MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
If you or someone you know has suffered a serious injury in a motorcycle accident as a result of another’s negligence or wrongdoing, or a family member has suffered an accidental death, please call us today at (619) 564-8877. We will provide a free in-person consultation, listen to all of your questions and concerns, assist in obtaining needed medical treatment and care, and develop a winning strategy to maximize recovery and compensation. There are no up-front fees or costs. We do not charge until we win your case. We look forward to earning your trust and the honor of being your attorneys.