Dan Schwender is a trial attorney with extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in business disputes through all aspects of litigation, trial, and alternative dispute resolution. He is involved in every aspect of the firm’s litigation practice, from initial case strategy through trial. His experience includes handling complex business disputes involving claims of professional negligence, unfair competition, breach of contract, fraud, racketeering, intellectual property infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and products liability litigation.
Dan Schwender graduated with his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Utah in 1998. He then went on to earn his Law Degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2007, graduating summa cum laude. While in law school, he served as Chief Notes Editor for the Thomas Jefferson Law Review. During law school, Dan Schwender served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Ruben B. Brooks in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California and as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Jan Goldsmith (Ret.) in the Superior Court of California.
Since joining the firm, Dan Schwender has helped to recover millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements and successfully defended lawsuits seeking millions of dollars. He serves as a member in several local legal associations and is a former member of the Thomas Jefferson School of Law Alumni Board of Directors.
When not practicing law and serving his community, Dan Schwender enjoys surfing, camping, and playing games with his family.
- Bachelor’s Degree, University of Utah (1998)
- Juris Doctorate, Thomas Jefferson School of Law (2007)
- Master of Laws, The George Washington University Law School (2010)
Memberships and Past Memberships
- Supreme Court of California
- United States District Court Southern District of California
- United States District Court Central District of California
- San Diego Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law Board of Directors
- American Inns of Court, Hon. J. Clifford Wallace Chapter
- Editorial Board of San Diego Lawyer: The Journal of the San Diego County Bar Association